Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Molecular gastronomy!

 
Yeah yeah I know my blog is about food not about my relationships, but in all honesty if it hadn’t been for that break up I would be in a completely different point in my life. I wouldn’t be pursuing the perfection of food or landing jobs in big name kitchens. So back to my story. Back in Germany things finally started getting better for me as the days went by I started being more talkative and the cooks started being friendlier to me. 1 month in and I was finally moved into the Michelin star kitchen. Something that I had been dying to get into. For those of you who don’t know, having a Michelin star for a chef is like winning the Oscar’s for best actor. So needless to say eating at that restaurant was $125 Euros and with the wine pairing costing $75 Euros it came out to being $200 Euros in total and when you do the conversion rate it comes out to something like 250 US dollars. So if you’re reading this, yes people paid 250 US dollars to eat here. However I was here solely on the purpose of learning molecular gastronomy. Working with gelee, foams, espuma, spherefication, and sous vide cooking. All very cool and imaginative food that will be coming in future posts but I will leave you all with a teaser photo enjoy!

Bell pepper soup!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm that soup looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first comment!!!!! Haha thanks for the reply its nice to know someones reading :)

      Delete