Monday, October 15, 2012

Call it fate!!!


So at the end of our sophomore year in culinary school we have to do a mandatory internship where we work in a kitchen. I had planned to do it somewhere near my girlfriend at the time, literally 5 minutes from her. Till this day I call what happened next divine intervention because literally right before everything was about to be finalized for me to go work at the kitchen where she lived by she opened up a can of worms on me. She told me some not so good news, she left me crushed. More importantly despite my broken heart I was happy to say the least, I at least had the chance to change where I wanted to go, it would have been extremely awkward if I had gone to my internship and then she would have told me the bad news. Especially because the main reason I was going, was to be by her, yes I know I was stupid. To my luck I remember one of my friends talking about going to Germany to work in a Michelin star kitchen. I quickly talked to the chef in charge of internships and to my luck there was a spot still open. When March finally came around for me to start my internship, I quit my job at cheesecake and I was on a flight to Germany. Flying to a country I had never really thought about seeing, not knowing a lick of German, and more importantly I had finally left my home for the first time. I was finally spreading my wings. Little did I know going to Germany would be one of the greatest things that could have ever happened to me in my life. Till this day I know god was watching out for me, how I can’t explain, but by how everything happened. I clearly got the feeling that god wanted me to go to Germany instead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment