Monday, October 29, 2012

Edible art!

 
So some of the nicest looking food till this day has come out of the kitchen I worked in Germany. Everything was precise and detailed in that kitchen. All the things I was taught in school finally became useful. Before I left to Germany for a good 2 months I attended ICC training which, is just competition training for competing against other cooks. One of the techniques we had to practice was tourneing potatoes. I literally thought this skill was useless and the first day in the kitchen in Germany they asked me to tourne potatoes. I remember thinking to myself "Whoa I dodged a bullet their". Needless to say the quality of the food in this kitchen was top notch we prepped everything from scratch everyday and just only used the best ingredient possible and the work could be seen in the food.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment